In late 2019, the SBA issued a final rule, making several changes to the HUBZone program. In this course, government contract attorneys Ian Patterson and John Mattox discuss these changes as well as SBA’s related guidance and provide an overview of the HUBZone program’s requirements, including:
- Ownership, control, and other HUBZone eligibility criteria.
- Benefits: HUBZone set-asides, sole-source contracts, and price preference.
- The principal office rule and why it may not be your headquarters.
- The 35% employee rule and the “attempt to maintain” standard.
- Who qualifies as an employee and what happens if they move.
- The clear line of fracture standard.
- Annual certification.
- Program examinations.
- Maintaining compliance in a changing landscape.