The U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of the General Counsel is seeking multiple attorneys to join its Contract Law Division (CLD). CLD attorneys provide comprehensive legal guidance and advisory services to the Department's contracting officers and bureau program officials in the acquisition of goods and services to support the Department of Commerce's mission.
The incumbent will be responsible for advising contracting oicers and program officials on a wide variety of procurement-related legal issues, including:
• Acquisition strategies;
• Department milestone reviews for major acquisitions;
• Acquisition plans, statements of work, and solicitations;
• Justifications for limits on competition;
• Evaluation of offers by source selection boards;
• Discussions with and debriefing of offerors;
• Source selection decisions;
• Contract modifications, contract administration and close-out; and
• Interagency agreements for assisted acquisitions.
The attorney(s) will be hired at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade levels, depending on experience. The promotion potential for this position is GS-15 level.
By 4/10/2023, please send the following documents to OGCResumes@doc.gov with subject line: Attorney-Advisor - Contract Law Division:
1. Cover letter
3. Copy of law school transcript.
4. Certificate of bar membership and proof of good standing.
For more information, visit USAjobs.gov.