On January 30, the Department of Defense released the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification outlining cyber security requirements that DoD contractors and sub-contractors must meet to certify they adequately satisfy the DoD standards. These new requirements may go into effect for certain procurements as soon as the end of September 2020.
In this 60-minute webinar, Bass, Berry & Sims’ Government Contracts attorneys will be joined by Tim Trickett, Chief Technology Officer (Public Sector) at BDO to discuss these timely developments and offer practical guidance on key topics of interest, including:
- What is the purpose behind implementing the CMMC?
- How are the new standards defined?
- Who is directly impacted by the new standards?
- What is required to attain certification?
- How can contractors effectively manage risk throughout the certification process?