March 21, 2023 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
The economic challenges related to the post-COVID-19 period have already led to an uptick in restructurings and distressed M&A in Canada and internationally. Many market analysts expect this trend to accelerate as 2023 advances.
In this context, please join us for a panel discussion on the latest distressed M&A trends and structures in Canada. Please note that this discussion will take place in French only.
- Types of insolvency proceedings – Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Court-supervised sale process – sale and investment solicitation process, stalking horse bidders, auctions and credit bids
- Employment issues – transfer of employees and liabilities under benefit plans
- Deal terms and dynamics – speed of process, risks related to limited vendor due diligence representations and indemnities, closing conditions and the possibility of “synthetic” representation and warranty insurance
- Court approval – reverse vesting orders and assignment orders